THE FRIENDS OF ENCHANTED ROCK MEMBERSHIP AND PROJECTS
FOER opened up membership in late February 2010.
Here are just some of the things FOER has done since then with your support:
- Spent approximately 700 volunteer hours building and repairing park trails.
- Funded $16,000 toward the newly completed interpretive exhibit at the Gazebo.
- Committed $6,000 in funds and an additional $4,000 in matched funds for the Enchanted Rock Firewater Project; a rainwater catchment system at the park pavilion to be used as firewater for the park and surrounding area.
- Funded over $1,600 of granite gravel for hiking trail maintenance.
- Matched funds for and planted native trees in the main campground areas as part of our Adopt a Tree Program.
- Funded over $1,300 of repairs of park vehicles, including the "mule" used for trail maintenance.
- Hosted the 19th annual Granite Gripper competition - a family friendly day of competitive climbing that benefits ERSNA.
- Held an E.R.G.E. (Fredericksburg ISD Environmental Club) Trash Pick Up Day focusing on the Cave. Published a new Enchanted Rock Aerial Hiking Map to help park visitors get the most out of their ERSNA experience.
Many experts in the fields of geology, birds, plants and trees conduct nature walks and tours for us. Some of these same friends from the Hill Country Chapter of Texas Master Naturalists have donated their time to man our Gazebo store on Saturdays, plant & care for new trees in the park, prepare bird and plant lists for us, and serve as advisors on all things natural! We are grateful for our HCTMN friends, John Hueckstaudt, Jim &
Priscilla Stanley, Linda Ross, Jane Crone, Lou McKaughan, Frances Watson, Chuck Taylor, Carolyn Bean and last but not AT ALL least, Bill Lindemann.
THE FRIENDS OF ENCHANTED ROCK (FOER) is a volunteer, non-profit organization founded in 1999. Our mission is to work in partnership with Texas Parks and Wildlife to promote conservation of Enchanted Rock State Natural Area’s natural and cultural resources through preservation, education and improvement efforts.
For Information on HILL COUNTRY ALLIANCE Events Visit:
FOER is committed to the preservation of Enchanted Rock State Natural Area so that visitors of all ages can enjoy outdoor experiences in one of the most diverse natural landscapes in Texas. We believe that preservation begins with education. Our goal is to increase public awareness for the unique ecological features of Enchanted Rock State Natural Area so that its beauty will remain intact and can be treasured by our future generations.
FOER works in partnership with Texas Parks and Wildlife to help improve the trails and facilities in Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. For ten years our volunteers have met on the third Saturday of each month to hand build and help maintain the park's well worn, eroded trails. In addition, we help fund trail materials, park maintenance, and equipment as needed. Our physical and financial help is much needed and greatly appreciated by ERSNA's hard working staff.
FOER works to promote the active stewardship and enjoyment of Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. We offer opportunities to explore the park's natural wonders through informative brochures, trail maps, and guided plant, bird and geology tours. We are currently working in partnership with Texas Parks and Wildlife and Whole Earth Provision Company on the new Gazebo Interpretive Sign Project, and collaborative plans are underway for an Interpretive Summit Trail & Brochure project.